Talk

Advanced search

Lambrook Year 3 entrance assessment

(7 Posts)
windlemum Mon 28-Sep-15 09:50:19

Hi all,
Our DD has been asked for an assessment morning at Lambrook. The school state no preparation is necessary, as we don't intend to cram her for it, but just wondered if anyone had done this before and could give us any more details of what they are likely to ask.
Thanks
D

Pikachoomumma Wed 07-Oct-15 22:26:27

Hi, I'd be interested to know exactly the same thing! Have you been to yours yet?

nightsky010 Mon 09-Nov-15 06:52:54

OP

I've just discovered this school, looks great. How did your assessment go?

windlemum Mon 09-Nov-15 16:05:36

Hi - it went well and she was offered a place. Seems like a lovely school and staff and pupils all very friendly and welcoming. Assessment, as far as we tell from DDs description, was doing maths, reading and writing a one-page 'essay', while sitting 1:1 or in small groups with a year 3 teacher, so a classroom rather than exam setting. It lasted a morning, she did a PE lesson and stayed for lunch as well.

nightsky010 Mon 09-Nov-15 19:28:14

Well done!
Any idea how competitive entry is? We're there quite a few people going for each place? Any idea what sort of level they're looking for? My DS is very average.

windlemum Mon 09-Nov-15 20:44:36

We think there were definitely more applicants than places, but we didn't ask the exact ratio, and they had them in small groups over several days. I had the impression from the teachers that they were more interested in the all-round child and whether they would enjoy teaching them, so the academic assessment was only part of it - but can't really say as DD is our first child and we don't have previous experience of the school. They got her to talk about her sport, music etc lessons, so probably worth investing in that.

MovingSouth Mon 09-Nov-15 21:40:45

Thanks for this. My son has yet to do his year 3 assessment. He's very articulate but has poor writing skills, I'm hoping they'll see past that! His reading is good and maths is fine. And he's a very charismatic and fun child to have in the class, on a good day! Fingers crossed he gets in, I like what I have seen of the school. Congrats to your dd!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: