Talk

Advanced search

Boys school shorts and trousers

(8 Posts)
RustySwanson Sun 16-Aug-15 11:19:55

My son will be starting reception in September, he was 4 late July, so a young one! I would like to get him shorts and trousers with a completely elasticated waist so he doesn't have to fiddle about with buttons or zips as he isn't that great with those. I've looked in sainsbury and m&s and looked online at lots of other sites but I'm having trouble finding any. Any recommendations ? Thanks

addictedtosugar Sun 16-Aug-15 11:31:42

If you get had elasticated, you can pull them on and off without having to mess with buttons or clasps.
That said, I think we have some ASDA trousers with no fastening.
Don't think many of the smaller sizes have azip fly? Or maybe I don't see them as we need adjustable waists.

addictedtosugar Sun 16-Aug-15 11:32:02

Half elasticated, that it

Hobbes8 Sun 16-Aug-15 11:37:37

The m&s skinkind trousers are half elasticated. You can't tell by their online picture because they have a fake fly thing at the front. They're also 100% cotton, which we like because my son gets itchy in polyester, but I don't think they'll be as hard wearing or easy to care for as the Teflon coated polyester type that most shops have.

They also came up ginormous so we've got size 3-4 for my 4 year old.

Hobbes8 Sun 16-Aug-15 11:39:21

Sorry not sure if it's clear from my description - they are half elasticated as in the back is elasticated but the front is just plain. But they don't have any buttons or zips or clasps, so you just pull them on and off. They also have an adjustable waist - those internal button thingys.

Hope that makes sense!

RustySwanson Sun 16-Aug-15 12:15:15

Thanks very much I will take a look at those

Happy36 Sun 16-Aug-15 12:17:16

My son used to wear some from Zara kids when he was that age (he has just turned 7 so it was a couple of years ago - I hope they still make them). They are relatively casual in style but am sure at Reception level that will be OK.

Hope you find what you want!

Inkymess Sun 16-Aug-15 20:20:27

My 3 year old can manage 1/2 elasticated just fine at school nursery. M&S and debenhams etc are all fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now