Talk

Advanced search

in year transfer to nursery

(4 Posts)
Shazhoda Sun 09-Aug-15 20:21:47

Hi,

My son got a place in a nursery in Bushey & he suppose to start his nursery from 10th of September but due to some reasons we are moving to Newcastle in our frds house for 3 months.& after 3 months we will be moving to a new property (in Milton Keynes), I don't want my son to lose his nursery place. Can someone advise what should I do & who should i contact to transfer ?

DebbieFiderer Sun 09-Aug-15 20:40:19

There isn't a transfer system, you will just need to contact nurseries in the new places as you move and apply for places. Bear in mind though that they are likely to be full so you may not get your first choice each time, and may have to ring a few to find one with a space. You could start looking now though as nurseries are more likely than schools to be able to keep places open.

Shazhoda Sun 09-Aug-15 20:50:59

Thanks Debbie!

Littlefish Mon 10-Aug-15 17:31:35

If you are using your 15 hours funded place, then the first nursery will not be able to keep your place open for you for 3 months as they will not be able to continue claiming your funding if you are not there.

You will need to give notice at the first place to coincide with your move to Newcastle. It would be a good idea to speak to the local authority early years funding team in both areas to find out about "headcount week". Once funding has been allocated to a setting, it can be difficult to transfer that funding. Different areas have different rules.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now