Talk

Advanced search

Mangahigh question

(5 Posts)
EssexYumMum Sat 08-Aug-15 23:45:44

I've just signed up for a free trial of mangahigh as it seems to get several recommendations on here and is fun learning. I can't seem to find the prodigi teaching tool. My intention is to get them to be taught a topic before giving them games as that would set the understanding and confidence level beforehand. I simply can't find it.
Has anyone used this teaching tool and what did you think of the methods?

irvine101 Mon 10-Aug-15 10:51:38

Sorry I can't help you but hope this bump your thread to the top and someone come along and help!
We had the same problem when we registered with Mangahigh, I haven't got a clue how to navigate it. My ds uses games on this site for pleasure.
For a tutorial, he uses Khan Academy instead. KA has detailed math tutorial videos for each subject, skills and concepts, and it's free.

EssexYumMum Mon 10-Aug-15 22:16:22

Thanks so much, Irvine 101. It was radio silence here for me till your message so that's cheered me up smile
I got an email from they're admin so I called and took the opportunity to ask about it. Apparently the tutorial is only available for certain topics and when it us available the relevant button appears. Their customer support seems good and the web interface is so child friendly. The parent features still need getting used to and their Android tablet front end is not great. Having said that, I tried mathletics and it was so "busy" and all over the place! Mathletics app appears great initially but is missing some key features and the fonts don't seem size adjustable aaaargh! Manga seems to be the lesser of the two evils. Maybe I should create my own maths app.

EssexYumMum Mon 10-Aug-15 22:18:34

I meant "their" admin not "they're" admin grin

irvine101 Tue 11-Aug-15 09:21:00

Thank you for your info EssexYumMum.
I think Mangahigh is really good mental maths practice site.
Ds learned powers, square roots and factors from this site quite quickly only because he wanted to beat the game!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now