Talk

Advanced search

Year R - Helping DS with expectations for teacher led time

(10 Posts)
Baffledmumtoday Fri 24-Jul-15 07:04:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrz Fri 24-Jul-15 07:14:50

Most reception teachers will be used to those things (except the jumping on other children) at the beginning if the year and will have strategies that work in the classroom.
It's very difficult to work on group activities at home but I would probably work on not talking when someone else is. Does he talk over you and other family members? Explain why it's very rude and how we can't understand when too many people talk at the same time. Stop him when he does it encouraging him to take turns. Often in school teachers use a special toy and you take turns to talk when holding it during carpet or circle time.

Baffledmumtoday Fri 24-Jul-15 07:23:19

Baffledmumtoday Fri 24-Jul-15 07:37:11

toomuchicecream Fri 24-Jul-15 08:58:04

Agree about teaching him to not talk over conversations. It drives me mad when I'm talking to a child and another one stamds and repeats my name over and over again. Then they seem surprised when I point out that if I was talking to them they wouldn't like being interrupted like that....

Baffledmumtoday Fri 24-Jul-15 09:03:47

mrz Fri 24-Jul-15 09:22:25

I would be very surprised if he is alone in this

poppy70 Fri 24-Jul-15 11:18:27

Most boys are.like that on entry to school. I wouldn't worry at all. In fact that.was mean spirited of rhe nursery to put it on report to be honest. I haven't had a boy enter reception.ready to.sit quietly in the carpet... well there was one but we had a host of behavioural problems with him and he qas.a.very intelligent little man who knew how to manipulate.

Cedar03 Fri 24-Jul-15 11:23:13

If he loves playing schools at home get him to be the teacher and get one of his toys to interrupt him a lot and not sit still. This should make it funny and hopefully get the point across.
My daughter used to love playing schools and a couple of her toys were very naughty. She was a very bossy teacher too!

Baffledmumtoday Fri 24-Jul-15 16:39:02

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now