Talk

Advanced search

Hmm... to chose between an infant school feeding into a KS2 top-heavy primary at KS2 or the primary right through?

(5 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Mon 20-Jul-15 11:09:51

Interested in opinions on this one as we start thinking about applications for school places next time around - DD1 is a very very bright child who is lovely, but could be a complete pain in the arse if not focused and challenged (she'd be "spirited" if she thought she could get away with it).

Realistically we're fairly likely to get a place at either of the two choices - the infant school which feeds into the primary at KS2, or a very top-heavy primary (1 form per year group at KS1 going up to 3 forms per year group at KS2). Both have sibling priority in place for their admissions criteria which is a key thing for us as she's got a sibling a year younger who'll be following her up the school.

Obviously going to look round at both of them - but at the moment I keep veering toward the infant school as a choice - but I'm not sure if that's because the primary indulges in every single one of my pet hates when they run job ads (comic sans, witty jokes about how our teacher must support X football team etc) which is really not valid and rational grounds to make any decision!

KohINoorPencil Mon 20-Jul-15 16:28:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DocHollywood Mon 20-Jul-15 17:02:21

To me it just sounds like they are the feeder junior school for one or two infant only schools.

MiaowTheCat Mon 20-Jul-15 17:21:36

They take in the infant school at ks2 which is why the size increases so much. It's a very strange setup!

Essexmum69 Mon 20-Jul-15 21:21:32

So are you saying she will end up at the same primary for KS2 either way? If so I would start there, why change at age 7 unnecessarily especially as you have a younger child, the year you have one in year 2 and one in year 3 could be difficult logistically if on different sites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now