Talk

Advanced search

Very confusing eyfs data help!

(9 Posts)
Micksy Fri 17-Jul-15 17:22:37

I posted before about getting my daughter's reception report without any expected emerging info. The next day, I went in and asked if that data was available. The teacher was very helpful and said she would print of the data from the o track system.
I got it today and I'm a bit confused. What I got was a very basic looking print out. It states clearly on the documentation for otrack that I can find, that for the elgs they use secure as exceeding, developing as expected and beginning as emerging. This seems a bit strange, but not too bad.
There's an extra column after the elg column called exc. For most, this is one step down from the elg, so if she gets a d in the elg she gets a b in the exc column.
However, for a couple, she gets b in the elg column and d in the exc column. If I have this correct, that means she's emerging in the eyfs, but expected for working beyond it, whatever that means, since exceeding is already covered.
Does anyone have any experience of this tracking system or any idea how this might make sense? I could imagine meeting exceeding descriptors but missing out on the elg, but since it clearly says secure in the elg means exceeding, I'm completely baffled.

mrz Fri 17-Jul-15 17:28:40

Sorry don't know the system but the ELG is the expected level for the end of reception

moab Fri 17-Jul-15 18:10:09

So in o track anything in th exc column superceeds the column before

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Fri 17-Jul-15 22:51:21

That doesn't sound helpful at all. My DS got a grid with each ELG set out with emerging, expected or exceeding next to each one. It was easy to follow. I think you might need to speak to teacher again for a proper explanation.

moab Sat 18-Jul-15 00:00:59

Also I think it's a legal thing to give parents results at the end of each key stage so they should have reported reception results to everyone...

mrz Sat 18-Jul-15 06:37:29

By law they must provide parents with a summary if their child's attainment at the end of EYFS and an opportunity to discuss it with the teacher. If parents request it they must also show them their child's EŶFS profile.

Tistheseasonbear Sat 18-Jul-15 09:40:22

Am happy to help you make sense of the data if it helps smile If you would like me to, any chance you could message me a picture of the data sheet?

10twinkle10 Sat 18-Jul-15 12:21:19

We use to otrack and there is a much simpler sheet for sending home. It's actually called parent report and it's a list of all 17 areas with a tick in the relevant column (emerging,expected or exceeding) maybe you could go back in and ask for this? Alternatively I would be happy to look at the information you have been given and try to explain it

Micksy Sun 19-Jul-15 14:26:58

That's really helpful of you both, Tis and Twinkle. I've sent you a message.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now