Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Heads up on slim fitting plimsolls

(4 Posts)
Pumpkinette Thu 16-Jul-15 10:46:29

Just thought I would share as I know I'm not the only one who struggles to find narrow fitting plimsolls.

Last year we searched every shoe shop, clothes shop and supermarket for plimsolls to fit DD E width feet with no luck. Even clarks and startrite had nothing. In the end she had a pair of clarks doodles in non appropriate colours (I spoke to the school first) as in our school they were plimsolls as indoor shoes every day in class.

I was in Asda last night and got DD to try on a pair of plimsolls (fully expecting them to flap around) but to my surprise they fit perfectly. They were £3. I bought 1 pair but I think I will go back and get a spare pair and possibly the next size up too (I find this type of shoe falls apart quickly when worn every day). As I said DD is an E width so if your child has a narrower foot than that they might not work - it is worth a try though. I also didn't check the boys 'traditional' style only the girls ones. They are a Mary Jane style with a velcro strap.

moveon Thu 16-Jul-15 13:54:22

Thanks for the tip!

DD was actually sent home with a note in Reception saying her plimsolls were too big (6 months later!). The M&S ones with a strap have been ok for her this year. The John Lewis ones are massive.

DebbieFiderer Thu 16-Jul-15 15:38:34

Thanks, will check them out. DD is between a D and an E and I really struggle. In the past we have managed with Clarks ones with an insole, but being able to buy cheapy ones would be great!

sneepy Fri 17-Jul-15 10:40:12

Thanks for the tip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now