Talk

Advanced search

Heads up on slim fitting plimsolls

(4 Posts)
Pumpkinette Thu 16-Jul-15 10:46:29

Just thought I would share as I know I'm not the only one who struggles to find narrow fitting plimsolls.

Last year we searched every shoe shop, clothes shop and supermarket for plimsolls to fit DD E width feet with no luck. Even clarks and startrite had nothing. In the end she had a pair of clarks doodles in non appropriate colours (I spoke to the school first) as in our school they were plimsolls as indoor shoes every day in class.

I was in Asda last night and got DD to try on a pair of plimsolls (fully expecting them to flap around) but to my surprise they fit perfectly. They were £3. I bought 1 pair but I think I will go back and get a spare pair and possibly the next size up too (I find this type of shoe falls apart quickly when worn every day). As I said DD is an E width so if your child has a narrower foot than that they might not work - it is worth a try though. I also didn't check the boys 'traditional' style only the girls ones. They are a Mary Jane style with a velcro strap.

moveon Thu 16-Jul-15 13:54:22

Thanks for the tip!

DD was actually sent home with a note in Reception saying her plimsolls were too big (6 months later!). The M&S ones with a strap have been ok for her this year. The John Lewis ones are massive.

DebbieFiderer Thu 16-Jul-15 15:38:34

Thanks, will check them out. DD is between a D and an E and I really struggle. In the past we have managed with Clarks ones with an insole, but being able to buy cheapy ones would be great!

sneepy Fri 17-Jul-15 10:40:12

Thanks for the tip!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: