Talk

Advanced search

Slap needed please: last day of school nursery

(7 Posts)
manchestermummy Wed 15-Jul-15 12:28:51

Just picked up dd2 from school nursery for the last time. She won't be attending the school next year - we're happy with where she is going - and I feel so very upset. Can't stop crying!

I need a good talking to and a reminder that this is the beginning of the next, exciting phase, and that it's a bit daft to be sobbing quietly like this!

sad

Crystal2002 Wed 15-Jul-15 13:15:54

I've found some years I've been tearful then other years I haven't been. At the end of reception felt emotional then when DD finished nursery never felt anything !

Luna9 Thu 16-Jul-15 17:58:11

It was My dd last day today and I feel like celebrating; maybe because she is the second one and I don't have to do 2 schools run anymore. I am looking forward for her to start school

Coupey1 Thu 16-Jul-15 20:22:54

Hi I feel your pain I am dreading my sons last day next week he hasn't got any place for reception in September as all the local schools are full the school they offered us is too far away & as he is not 5 till next May so the authority does not have to offer is a place until next September when he reaches legal school age which is huge concern as it took him months to settle & also suffers with his Speach which has had an impact on him making friends so I know if he has a year off & goes straight into year 1 he will be set back he is currently on the waiting list for all the local schools & it varies from 11 -18 the school says there is lots of movement over summer but can't see it being that much & for my son to get a place this year if anyone has been in this situation would really appreciate your advice thank you

pinkandsparklytoo Thu 16-Jul-15 20:45:52

Tomorrow is DS2's last day of school nursery before starting at a new school for reception next term. All his other little friends are staying behind and going to reception at his current school and I feel so sad about him having to leave them. His new school is only across the road from us rather than a 2 mile walk to get there everyday so practically it makes sense for him to move especially as I am pregnant and due at the end of the school holidays. I just feel sad that he won't see them anymore. He doesn't seem too bothered though.

Dottymum2 Thu 16-Jul-15 21:49:32

I was a total mess when my dd left pre school last year even though I had convinced myself I was good with it!!! It's normal and just part of accepting that part is over and it's on to the next exciting chapter smile. Good luck to ur dd!!

Mrbrowncanmoo Thu 16-Jul-15 22:20:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now