Talk

Advanced search

Surrey Pre-Prep/Prep Day School Recommendations

(6 Posts)
babieswholunch Wed 15-Jul-15 10:38:58

Hi
I am looking for recommendations on Pre-Prep and Prep Schools in the Surrey area (realise this covers a wide area but currently am narrowing this down so the net is still quite side at the moment). In particular I am looking for a day school rather than boarding (or least majority day pupils rather than boarders). Any recommendations would be great!
Thanks
Emma

LIZS Wed 15-Jul-15 11:15:36

It is still rather broad ! Do you have any limitations or requirements from a location, preferred amenities, budget for home, boy/girl/coed. Bear in mind some will be "full" from very early on (dd was registered at 6 months), how far ahead are you thinking ?

babieswholunch Wed 15-Jul-15 11:24:01

Sorry I know, just started looking at trying to work out areas and where to start searching. My son is currently 1 year old so looking to register in the next year. Ideally I am looking within the M25 area or just a bit further out and coed.

TwigletPiglets Wed 15-Jul-15 20:11:34

Do you want academically selective or more relaxed/mixed? What kind of schools do you think you will aim for at 11/13?

babieswholunch Thu 16-Jul-15 09:32:26

I think I am looking for more of a mixture, I was quite academic but I don't want to feel like my son is pressured to be the same and would like somewhere that has a good balance between academic, sports and other activities. Haven't really thought about 11/13 yet, I've from Scotland originally so don't really know much about English schools so any help is appreciated!

LIZS Thu 16-Jul-15 15:13:36

It really depends whether the destination senior school intakes at 11 and/or 13. If the latter is Common Entrance a requirement? Do you want a prep which has a senior into which it feeds. Tbh a lot could change in any school in the next 10 years. Heads move around, the ethos can change, single sex become co-ed , smaller preps get taken over , new facilities and so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now