Talk

Advanced search

Crossing outside school

(4 Posts)
PseudoBadger Tue 14-Jul-15 20:48:05

Has anyone got any experience of getting a crossing (puffin/lights) outside a Primary school? We already have a zebra crossing but it is so badly observed it is really a death waiting to happen. There is no lollipop man.
Is the best way to go to the MP? I was considering conducting a few surveys of how many cars ignore people waiting/actually on the crossing which I'm sure would be useful (and horrifying!)

caravanista13 Tue 14-Jul-15 20:50:16

Does your school have a travel plan? If you can get a crossing included in it, it should make it easier to achieve.

PseudoBadger Tue 14-Jul-15 20:57:54

Not as far as I can see from the website. I'm only a nursery parent this year, moving to reception next year so I'll try and speak to plenty of people and the PTA.

WaitingForFrostyMornings Wed 15-Jul-15 09:33:45

Our Council sent a team to the school to assess the traffic during school run times. Unfortunately they felt a lollipop man was not required as it wasn't busy enough. Their survey had to show a minimum number of cars passing outside the school or a recent accident where a child had been injured.

It's worth asking parents if anyone has been injured recently and get them to put it in writing so that if you need to prove you need a lollipop man then you will already have the proof.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now