Talk

Advanced search

Year 2 SATS and end of year report.

(10 Posts)
CrispyFern Tue 14-Jul-15 17:01:10

Why would there be a big discrepancy between the SATS grades and the end of year grades?
Like, say everything in the SATS bit was a 2 something and everything in the end of year grade was a 1 something?

GreenTee Tue 14-Jul-15 17:09:49

I wondered this too...
Interested in seeing some answers.

mrz Tue 14-Jul-15 17:26:03

The SATs level (as in the Teacher Assessed level reported)should correspond to the level in the report

MamOfTwo Tue 14-Jul-15 17:34:54

Are schools obliged to give you the SAT results, mrz? My Y2 DD just had the (old) levels on her report and nothing about SATs...

2512BC Tue 14-Jul-15 17:39:19

My brother's child is in year 2 and at his school 2 sets of levels were given. One set corresponds to SATS results in May and the other corresponds with end of year assessment in July. which went from a 2a+ in May to a 3 at the end of July. But we are not sure how this fits into the new curriculum when he starts yr 3 though.

mrz Tue 14-Jul-15 17:40:26

By law schools must provide parents with end of Key Stage levels

mrz Tue 14-Jul-15 17:43:28

The tests in Y2 can be taken at any point in the year,unlike the Y6 tests, and the results are used to provide evidence for teacher assessment which is the official level reported. People refer to the end of year level as SATs when in fact there is no such thing

MamOfTwo Tue 14-Jul-15 19:18:11

Ah I see, I think! So the xxa/b/c level is end of year and SATs combined?

mrz Tue 14-Jul-15 19:45:57

No the level reported is the teacher assessed level the tests are there only to support the process

CrispyFern Wed 15-Jul-15 08:03:38

So the tests aren't evidence enough alone to show you a capable of reaching a certain level?
Ok, that makes sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now