Talk

Advanced search

No mention of ELG in reception report

(9 Posts)
Micksy Mon 13-Jul-15 18:19:13

I've just received my daughters reception report. There were no mentions of emerging, expected, exceeding. There were only seven headings with cut and paste statements from the eyfs handbook below them. Is this what I should be getting? I'm asking, but I'm pretty sure it's not.

lolalotta Mon 13-Jul-15 18:30:05

That doesn't sound right! We had comments and emerging/ expected/ exceeding....

Micksy Mon 13-Jul-15 18:35:52

Thanks Lola, that's pretty much what every one on here has been talking about, with a few people mentioning a 123 or secure wording.
We haven't even got the report broken down into the 17 elgs. Am I imagining things, or is it a legal requirement to provide full feedback?
I'm not really concerned about how my daughter is doing at this stage, but I am concerned what it tells me about the school if they're getting it this wrong, and also, getting away with getting it wrong from other parents.

MangoDaiquiri Mon 13-Jul-15 18:36:03

I got a report with seven headings and then a tick box underneath each one with "exceeding", "ELG achieved" or "emerging" options to tick, then there was a personal bit written about her under each heading.

lolalotta Mon 13-Jul-15 19:13:51

Just checked, split into 17elgs on her report...

sleeplessinderbyshire Mon 13-Jul-15 19:15:31

My DD's was like this last year. Apparently school policy not to put this in report but if any are not met parents invited to meeting to discuss strategy to get the goals me early in y1

Micksy Mon 13-Jul-15 20:26:09

Sleepless, was you happy with that? I feel a bit concerned that they're not passing on to parents all the information they are supposed to. I can't imagine them getting away with that lack of feedback in a naice school in the south east with lots of parents with high expectations.
I've had a few niggles about the school and this is adding to my feelings of concern.

leccybill Mon 13-Jul-15 21:28:16

Got Reception report today. 17 ELGs with emerging/expected/exceeding.
Short personal paragraph each about RE, then the ELGs, divided into Prime and Specific, then paragraph by teacher and Head.

Attendance sheet too. At 99.2%, she was Good rather than Outstanding for attendance! One day off!

Micksy Mon 13-Jul-15 22:04:42

Leccy, that sounds lovely, apart from the harsh attendance score. One day off in a year is outstanding by my book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now