Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Surrey primary schools with good before/after school

(8 Posts)
babieswholunch Mon 13-Jul-15 14:51:42

Hello!
I am looking at good primary schools in Surrey which have good before and after school care and are also located relatively near a train station into London. Not quite sure where to start looking so any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
Emma

suitcaseofdreams Mon 13-Jul-15 15:58:58

"Surrey" covers a very wide area - might help if you can narrow that down first. How long do you want to travel on the train? Do you want to be able to walk to the station or does relatively near mean you are happy to drive/park?
I am in the Guildford area and most primary schools here have breakfast and after school clubs but the 'good' schools tend to be full/have waiting lists - when are you looking to move? How old are your children?

If you can provide a little more info, am sure people will be able to help :-)

CharlesRyder Mon 13-Jul-15 18:03:55

Do you mean prep schools? Or are you in the process of moving? If not it is unlikely you will have much choice.

Unexpected Mon 13-Jul-15 18:15:40

Surrey is a huge county in terms of schools. Can you be a bit more specific? Also most after school clubs will only run to 6 p.m. so the further out you go the earlier you are going to have to leave work to get back.

babieswholunch Wed 15-Jul-15 00:15:44

Thanks! Sorry I'm being a bit vague as only started to think of moving, my son is only 1 so I have a little bit of time (I hope!). Looking at both state and private and somewhere that is on a direct train line (preferably two trainlines e.g. Waterloo and Victoria) and no more than an hour from London. I'm having a drive around this weekend to get a better idea of areas but am open to any ideas

teacher54321 Wed 15-Jul-15 07:18:43

Epsom is on the two train lines-no idea about schools though-my friends who live there don't have any children.

DeeWe Wed 15-Jul-15 13:06:59

Things can change so much in 3-4 years as far as after/before school care go. In the last 3 years I know 2 schools that have increased, 1 that has lost all their before/after and another that used to do it onsite and now shares with one of the new ones (which actually means walking the children down to the new one)
Because it's good now yo can't guarantee it still will be then, nor the other way round.

MargolottaOfUberwold Wed 15-Jul-15 13:21:54

Redhill goes to Victoria and London Bridge

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now