Talk

Advanced search

Water bottles that don't leak!

(61 Posts)
nutelladipper Sun 12-Jul-15 20:06:56

Has anyone ever found one?
I'm after a non leaking bottle for DS to take to school in September and I'm so fed up with them leaking over everything. Has anyone found one? Do they exist?!

Thanks & sorry for dull post!

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 12-Jul-15 20:07:55

Camelbak ones are ace! From go outdoors

ihearttc Sun 12-Jul-15 20:11:10

Sistema bowls are brilliant.

ihearttc Sun 12-Jul-15 20:11:24

Bottles even!!

CremeBrulee Sun 12-Jul-15 20:13:17

Only non leaking ones I have found are the Sistema ones. You can get them from Amazon quite cheaply. Make sure you name it well because all the kids will have them!

nutelladipper Sun 12-Jul-15 20:14:22

Perfect I knew I could rely on you guys!

mammuzzamia Sun 12-Jul-15 20:16:16

Camelbak.

Recently tested against Sigg and Contigo, both of which failed and now consigned as 'risky' spares.

JustCallMeDory Sun 12-Jul-15 20:16:40

Yup, Sistema are the only ones I've ever found that don't leek. Still don't trust them in the DCs school bags when they're carrying their homework though wink

JustCallMeDory Sun 12-Jul-15 20:17:31

or even leak blush

ConcreteElephant Sun 12-Jul-15 20:18:34

We've gone right off the Sistema bottles. DD had one in September which lasted ages and is still fine now. It was a bit big though so recently I bought a smaller one...and then another...the lids have sheared off both of them. They lasted 5 minutes, very annoying. 2 friends have had the same recently - I wonder if something has changed with them?

TeenAndTween Sun 12-Jul-15 20:18:38

Sistema here too.

AalyaSecura Sun 12-Jul-15 20:33:18

Agree that Sistema seem to have gone from perfect to slightly unreliable.

mammuzzamia Sun 12-Jul-15 20:33:51

I'm tempted to give the Sistema a try given the mentions here, but they're so cheap compared to our usual bottles, that makes me suspicious grin

mammuzzamia Sun 12-Jul-15 20:37:42

Only other thing we've found completely safe (providing you put the lid on very securely) is to use a Klean Kanteen or Sigg bottle with the screw top loop cap rather than sports cap.

(we use a lot for sports, hence my over interest blush)

redskybynight Sun 12-Jul-15 20:46:38

DD also "killed" a sistema bottle in under a week. Then again, the water bottle that will not be destroyed by DD is yet to be invented.

SockPinchingMonster Sun 12-Jul-15 21:22:50

We've had several of the Sistema ones and after a few weeks all of them have started to leak. I'm yet to find a bottle that doesn't leak.

PigeonPie Sun 12-Jul-15 21:29:30

The only time my DSs' One Green Bottle bottles have leaked is when I haven't done them up tightly enough; and because they're stainless steel they're almost indestructible!

notnowbernadette Sun 12-Jul-15 21:31:56

Sistema don't leak and withstand pretty rough handling (we've been through a lot and these are the best by some distance)

GlitzAndGigglesx Sun 12-Jul-15 21:36:23

Bobble bottles. I got one on offer in Tesco and ended up leaving it on a bus angry. Never had any trouble with it though

sleeplessinderbyshire Sun 12-Jul-15 21:36:38

Avex autospout bottles are a revelation. The only totally non leaky bottles I've ever found. We have four now

Zodlebud Sun 12-Jul-15 21:47:35

Contigo water bottles. I work at summer camps in the USA and came across them there. Available on Amazon although are expensive. Went through a couple of Sistema ones following recommendations from others. Added bonus that they can go in the dishwasher!!!!

RashDecision Sun 12-Jul-15 21:50:34

Mine both have Nike ones that cost about £12 shock

Taranta Sun 12-Jul-15 21:54:36

Sistema bottles do leak for me it seems! I've had about three leak incidents with them in past month, leading to a soggy bag, great. Caps also seem to snap really quickly I agree with previous posters on this, so reckon they must have developed some kind of manufacturing fault of late.

Schrodingersmum Sun 12-Jul-15 21:56:35

Systema are ace, we had these for years and have only recently moved to bobble which are great for older kids and currently on offer at Tesco for £6

AuditAngel Sun 12-Jul-15 22:00:23

We also used to swear by Sistema but have also had leaks recently, some caused by the lids not being closed, but not all. Will get the bobble ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now