Talk

Advanced search

Harrow / Pinner Girls Prep School

(5 Posts)
mancomm1 Sat 11-Jul-15 23:27:13

We are in process of moving to UK early next year which is just right in time when our DD starts school. Initially we will be based around Harrow / Pinner area.

Unfortunately we don’t have much opportunity to visit these schools in right time so really appreciate your views of the following schools that we have shortlisted so far

- Reddiford
- Orley Farm
- Alpha prep
- St Hilda’s (distance may be bit of an issue).

meandbeannie Sun 12-Jul-15 21:09:41

I sent my DD to Reddiford and academically they have great results but found the facilities to be small and slightly cramped. When we had a tour the science class had 23 kids which seemed excessive given the small class room. We also found that many of the parents start tutoring their kids from nursery and had them in every extra class going. This made us question how much of the results were because of the school and how much down to the tutoring.

I have had a tour around orley and the faculties are amazing. From what I understand they produce kids who are more rounded but don't produce the same academic results. Sure that is a matter of opinion though.

Good luck

mancomm1 Tue 14-Jul-15 21:12:05

Thanks Meandbeannie

It sounds like your DD is no longer in Reddiford - did you find new school / plans.
Really appreciate this information as we are sort of stuck and its not just school also we will then buy / rent the house in the area where we ll end up with school. Just generally most of mumsnet review are around 2010-2012 and could not find any recent reviews.
It feels like there is tough choice between good academic output of reddiford in a cramped campus vs all-round facilities of Orley with slightly lower academic standard.

mancomm1 Wed 22-Jul-15 07:46:28

Any more feedback plz

sanam2010 Thu 23-Jul-15 09:08:10

don't know personally but good friend chose St Hilda's for their daughter and say it's a lovely school with great results, too. Supposed to be very good. If you do a search here on Orley Farm and Alpha Prep, I think there are several threads on them on mumsnet. Both academically good and quite pushy, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now