Talk

Advanced search

what to put on tablet for long car journey (iplayer or other free source)

(7 Posts)
softhedgehog Fri 10-Jul-15 21:49:08

not really sure where to put this - I figured most people on this board have primary age kids!

my daughter is six and a half, rarely watches TV but likes some DVDs. We're off on a long drive (5-6h) and I want to put some stuff on a tablet to amuse her - in the past I've done cartoons off the iplayer but she might be interested in slightly more grown up things. None of us really watch TV from week to week so I haven't got a clue!

any suggestions very welcome please

Thanks in advance

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Fri 10-Jul-15 22:04:40

Shaun the Sheep Movie has just been our saviour on a bit of a nightmare airplane trip

softhedgehog Sat 11-Jul-15 20:52:08

she'd love that, where did you get it from - did you have to pay?

HighOverTheFenceLeapsSunnyJim Sat 11-Jul-15 22:33:20

Teacup Travels
Horrible Histories
Little Human Planet
Nature programmes

Are good bets with my 6 year old on iplayer.

BlueChampagne Sat 11-Jul-15 23:13:02

You don't have to resort to tablet (tho it's handy when all else fails). Puzzles books, story CDs, sticker dolly dressing and songs are good too, as are regular breaks. Ours have done E Anglia to Highlands without iPad. However. load up with CBeebies (new Clangers a hit here) from iPad too. How about cheap apps like squeebles, math bingo and pocket phonics?

AuditAngel Sat 11-Jul-15 23:21:51

DD2 is just about 5, she loves the Dr Panda apps, which have free versions she could try. Or Toca Boca apps.

softhedgehog Mon 13-Jul-15 09:14:25

Thanks all, very helpful. It's a 6 hour drive and we usually manage about 3 hours of it with sticker books etc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now