Can we find out actual marks for SATs?

(9 Posts)
CountryLovingGirl Wed 08-Jul-15 10:00:56

Hi,
Is there any way to find out what marks/percentage the year 6 children got in the 2015 SATs? I am curious as my son got a 5 in maths but was predicted a 6. He struggled with time pressures and ran out of time (missed 2 questions on each paper). It would be interesting to see how he did in the other questions.
I know a 5 is good though:-)

soapboxqueen Wed 08-Jul-15 10:40:59

You can ask the school to either see the papers or get copies of them. I appreciate you may just be curious but if he struggled with doing everything within the time allowed, I'm not sure what extra information you would get from seeing the actual test.

notinminutenow Wed 08-Jul-15 10:55:50

Why? The paper won't show you why he missed 4 questions. Let it go - it's done.

He got a great level. He will be CAT tested at start of secondary and then tested every half term. His true working level will become apparent and he may well show better than expected progress over y7. No one has made reference to my DS primary Sats level since the induction day! Secondary maths teachers value their own tests, in our experience.

Congratulations to your DS.

BrilliantDayForTheRace Wed 08-Jul-15 14:39:32

Just ask the school for his raw mark. They should tell you.

I think it's very useful to know if he just scraped a 5c or easily got a 5a......

WhattodowithMum Wed 08-Jul-15 15:33:54

It would be interesting to know what sort of questions he was missing, say the ones involving proportions, or volume or whatever. If he has weak spots it could be useful to know.

mrz Wed 08-Jul-15 17:27:55

The actual test papers haven't been returned to schools this year

CountryLovingGirl Wed 08-Jul-15 20:39:37

He mentioned getting a breakdown of marks by the end of the week (5c-5a). The secondary maths teacher had been coaching the L6 children (five boys) and said he was excellent at maths.
I think he would have been fine with an extra half hour. Ah well. I know he did great anyway.

mrz Fri 10-Jul-15 07:34:14

I think time constraints are a problem for many children

missme10 Sat 11-Jul-15 18:37:53

CountryLovingGirl - the tests are only half an hour each. You wouldn't be able to have another half an hour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now