Talk

Advanced search

Looking for Non-Selective London Prep for "not 7+ material" DC, need 5* SEN.

(6 Posts)
Cantfindaprepschool Mon 06-Jul-15 17:09:07

Please help! I'm looking for a London Prep school starting in 2016 in Year 3 (ideally north or central London but will consider elsewhere, prefer one which goes up to age 13) BUT my DC has been described as being bright (currently in Y1 at pre prep and in top sets) but cannot perform well in exam conditions due to moderate Autism, moderate to severe ADD and moderate Dyspraxia..... Current school have said that although very bright DC is "not 7+ material" due to recent poor performance in end of year tests where performance was at the national average for age. I'm hoping that in the future exam performance will reflect true ability. Any suggestions for London Preps gratefully recieved!

StarlightMcKenzee Mon 06-Jul-15 23:47:42

Abingdon?

Cantfindaprepschool Wed 08-Jul-15 23:32:37

Thanks, unfortunately I don't think Abingdon would be good enough on academics, though maybe I should investigate further.

StarlightMcKenzee Thu 09-Jul-15 16:57:46

I got the impression they thought they were.

Zippitydodah Thu 09-Jul-15 22:39:26

I agree starlight - it does get very good results. However I hadn't realised they were good with SEN (pleasantly surprised!). Do you have recent experience?

Cantfindaprepschool Thu 09-Jul-15 22:56:00

Hm, I think I may have been looking at the wrong school - I thought I remembered seeing GCSE results, but I've just seen it's a Prep only... Are you talking about Abingdon House near Regents Park? I will read up about it as it looks possibly good from the website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now