Talk

Advanced search

End of year 4 levels

(4 Posts)
Notcontent Sun 05-Jul-15 14:43:07

At the end of year 2 (so end of KS1) dd was 2a for reading and writing and 2b for maths. Since then she has done much better academically but no levels have been given so I am not sure what this is equivalent to in terms of the old levels. I know she is doing reasonably well because at the end of year 3 and 4 she had a score of 1 for maths and literacy - and 1 equals to "exceeding expectations" and is the highest score. But not sure what it means in terms of the old levels...

odyssey2001 Sun 05-Jul-15 16:54:04

Exceeding expectations in year 4 will be approximate equivalent of a 3a (high level 3) in old money but in reality it is far from that simple. But old curriculum plus one sublevel is a good rule of thumb.

WombatStewForTea Sun 05-Jul-15 17:06:52

There isn't a way to match up the new systems that schools are using and the old levels. If your child is exceeding expectations then they are doing very well and there is no need to be concerned.

Notcontent Sun 05-Jul-15 21:18:46

Thanks - I am only asking because people seem so hung up on the old levels. I was talking to someone about selective schools the other day and of course they asked me what level dd was at the end if year 4....

I didn't go to school in the uk, so we had very high achievement, high achievement, sound achievement, low achievement, and very low achievement!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now