Talk

Advanced search

Y6 Sats results - are they out yet?

(241 Posts)
Hottoday Sat 04-Jul-15 08:19:26

Wondering if schools will have received them yet?

GrumpyOldBiddy2 Sat 04-Jul-15 08:23:02

Was wondering this yesterday

WombatStewForTea Sat 04-Jul-15 08:47:39

Due Tuesday to schools. We probably won't share with the children and parents until Wed/Thurs.

GrumpyOldBiddy2 Sat 04-Jul-15 08:50:09

Thanks Wombat

MiaowTheCat Sat 04-Jul-15 10:45:35

Schools are starting to get the odd papers that couldn't be scanned back now - things like ones with the pages photocopied to make them larger or onto coloured paper and the like - they've had to be marked by hand traditional style. The rest of the results are available on 7th July - I'm a marker and still have the schedule of dates calendar stuck up beside my PC for some reason (it's usually hanging around there until about December when I finally remember to take it down!)

Wittynewnameifonly Mon 06-Jul-15 00:03:08

So Wombat why don't you share with parents immediately?

Our school is similar and I find it frustrating but wondered if there is a good reason for not giving marks when you find them out?

Emochild Mon 06-Jul-15 00:09:47

It's so the schools can go through the papers and challenge results if they aren't right

Our school withheld marks for 2 weeks a couple of years ago, the children didn't get their results until after they had broken up

mrz Mon 06-Jul-15 06:35:30

The test papers aren't being returned to schools this year everything is on line ... Just hope their system can cope with demand this time

mrz Mon 06-Jul-15 06:37:29

Our children will get their results tomorrow

My DCs school don't usually give them out until we get the school reports, usually the last Friday of term, the day after we find out the staffing arrangements for next term. I have been generally very happy with it as a school, but this is a source of irritation every year as everyone at the other primary schools in town seems to get SATS scores reports, and staffing arrangements well before us.

MiaowTheCat Mon 06-Jul-15 10:30:18

Oh god don't get me started on the system mrz... I've been driven to despair by trying to get on it to mark at various points this year! Being fair to them - once they finally realised that every marker is likely to want to be on working outside school teaching hours it did improve a lot at least!

mrz Mon 06-Jul-15 17:21:05

www.tes.co.uk/news/school-news/breaking-news/pupils-could-be-given-‘wrong’-marks-sats

ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Mon 06-Jul-15 19:12:16

Does anyone know if there will be a way to load the results directly into SIMS or do they need to be typed in?

ricar91 Mon 06-Jul-15 20:23:58

We had the papers, which couldn't be scanned, back last Wednesday.

We'll spend tomorrow morning reviewing the other papers online and hope to have results in the kid's hands by 2:30/3:00pm tomorrow afternoon (subject to no appeals needing to be processed). They've already waited long enough; it wouldn't be fair (in my eyes) to keep them waiting longer.

auntpetunia Mon 06-Jul-15 20:55:20

icantfind I asked this of our la and was told no chance, so more work for me.

Gigglebunny Mon 06-Jul-15 23:33:08

You can create a file from NCA Tools and download it into SIMS, so no typing in necessary.

Wittynewnameifonly Tue 07-Jul-15 00:49:37

I have been told we will get them on Friday which is frustrating as school will have had them three days then.

spanieleyes Tue 07-Jul-15 02:25:17

There are year 6 teachers up and down the land currently working out levels, sub levels, percentages and points progress! Thankfully I have a small cohort so all sorted now!!

WhattodowithMum Tue 07-Jul-15 07:51:59

This is interesting. I don't think our school gives us the levels of the tests. It just gives a report at the end of the year with the child's level to which, of course, the SAT result contributes. But, I don't think it is a "pure" sat result. It is modified by teacher assessment and classwork.

wheresthebeach Tue 07-Jul-15 10:50:27

At our school we're in the middle of end of year performances so I suspect school will hold onto the results until after plays are over. They also usually give out reports on a Friday rather than mid week. Guess it means parents have time to digest before reacting!

Feenie Tue 07-Jul-15 11:25:10

Whatodowithmum - if you are in England then the teacher assessment results and the tests must both be reported, it's a statutory requirement

Wittynewnameifonly Tue 07-Jul-15 11:31:06

Spanieleyes - how are they looking? As you expected?

WombatStewForTea Tue 07-Jul-15 12:30:15

We wait until we've got all the data in and crunched and decided if we're sending any away for remarking before we share with kids. As it happens we've got it all done now so will be giving scores out this afternoon!

Northumberlandlass Tue 07-Jul-15 12:31:34

DS is expecting his tomorrow.

Contraryish Tue 07-Jul-15 12:34:55

I just got a phone call from my son with his results! The boy done good! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now