Royal Masonic or Chesham Prep

(4 Posts)
adiach Wed 01-Jul-15 21:25:22

Hi,

Very soon we will be looking at options for primary school for DD. Considering both RMS and chesham prep. Wanted some feedback or opinions on both the schools and which would be better?

Thanks

ReallyTired Thu 02-Jul-15 09:28:45

I have no experience of either school, but they are a long way apart geographically. Royal Masonic school is a girls school where as Chesham prep is mixed. I feel you need to look at the logistics of getting to your chosen school and decide whether you want single sex education.

Millymollymama Thu 02-Jul-15 14:57:43

Do most Royal Masonic Prep children continue at the school? It is not a particularly academic school. What are the destinations from Chesham Prep? I guess a lot want the Bucks Grammar Schools and therefore you need to choose a school that meets your senior school preferences. What other schools have you considered?

sunnydayinmay Thu 02-Jul-15 17:52:32

I know children at both schools. Parents are happy with both, so I think it really depends on what you want - the Masonic is girls only, most of my friends' dds stayed on to Year 7. Not hugely academic, but avoids the hassle of state secondary transfer in SW Herts.

The alternative seems to be chosen by friends looking at Bucks Grammar schools, particularly those on the border between bucks and herts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now