Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Drums for schools

(3 Posts)
PamsyJay Wed 01-Jul-15 12:07:27

I hope this is ok to ask this...... I've been running drum workshops in primary schools for 20 years and just wanted to check that there is still a need for this..... or whether I should be following a different direction now. My friend suggested Mums Net as there is a wealth of advice available. Thank you all. Pam

Unexpected Wed 01-Jul-15 12:36:18

Do you mean you come in and do one-off workshops for entire groups of kids? If so, you might be better asking on a teaching forum as ultimately the school will decide what workshops they are in a position to offer and what will make best use of their budgets? Monies for extra-curricular stuff and activities is being cut to the bone so, regardless of the relevance of a particular instrument, there simply may not be money to put on a workshop.

Are you not getting a sense of the relevance and interest from yur current work in schools?

Swimmingwithsharks Wed 01-Jul-15 17:15:03

I think it's all down to money rather than interest unfortunately. My son went to a school that had African drumming that the children did on a weekly basis. They loved it! I wish more schools would include it.
I don't know if there is a 'need' for it as such, it is how you prioritise it. I was certainly very pleased that my son had the chance to do it. In fact he then did an African drumming workshop in the holidays because he had enjoyed it at school so much. I certainly wish you success if you continue it and good luck with whatever else you might choose to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now