Advanced search

Transferring schools

(5 Posts)
HerbertSherbet Mon 29-Jun-15 16:53:09


My son is going to a new school starting in September. He's moving from state to private. Do I need to let the local authority know, or just his current school?

Thank you

Tissie Mon 29-Jun-15 17:41:12

I would do both. You want to be sure he has a place at your named school and obviously you have been in touch but most local authorities manage admissions and will send you forms to fill in etc. I would advise that you get onto this straight away and do it now. Admissions can be tricky.

HerbertSherbet Mon 29-Jun-15 17:50:24

Thanks Tissie

MMmomKK Tue 30-Jun-15 09:16:30

You are leaving the stat system, not trying to get a place there. You can just tell your school and they'll take care of it. This is what happens with people who have YR places and don't show up - school lets LEA know very quickly.

HerbertSherbet Tue 30-Jun-15 12:13:55

Oh thanks MMomKK

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now