Talk

Advanced search

Teacher gifts (yikes! But pleeeease help)

(9 Posts)
Fleecyleesy Thu 25-Jun-15 10:25:18

So we have some teachers/leaders etc to thank at the rapidly approaching end of year. I am sooooo stuck and would appreciate any suggestions for the following: (kids primary age). I cannot bake so that's out!

Female teacher aged 30 ish

Male teacher aged 40 ish

Female helper aged 50 ish

Male leader aged 55 ish

Male teacher retiring

Help!!!!!!!! How I wish for thedreaded school collections grin.

MrsHathaway Thu 25-Jun-15 10:27:43

The gift should be from the child. Have you asked them for ideas? Maybe they happen to know what kind of wine/chocolates/hobbies/plants their teachers like best.

Heartfelt note in a card is always recommended too - preferably written by the child.

Fleecyleesy Thu 25-Jun-15 10:48:52

My dc are kind of difficult.
DS reckons his teacher would like lego!

BlueChampagne Thu 25-Jun-15 16:12:28

We did plants in nice pots (both chosen by DSs) last year.

Ionone Thu 25-Jun-15 20:29:49

Something for the classroom is always appreciated by all the teachers I know (obv not for the one retiring). Set of Sharpies, boxes of tissues, pritt sticks, whatever is needed - the school will probably be able to let you know.

jolufc Thu 25-Jun-15 20:42:27

Oxfam gift. Pay for a child's education on behalf of all staff.

postmanpatscat Sat 27-Jun-15 14:23:30

I second the Oxfam gift - one of my favourite gifts ever was a chicken!

Alternatively, vouchers. Ideally, nothing at all, or just a card/note to say thanks. And since I've spent all year teaching your child to write, please let them write in the card themselves rather than mum or dad filling it in for them!

Eva50 Sat 27-Jun-15 15:59:10

When I was at an open afternoon I noticed the teacher and TA had water bottles on the desk and were drinking from them. I wondered about personalised ones. Or vouchers which is what I usually do.

Michaelahpurple Sat 27-Jun-15 21:04:21

Our school has just established anti-corruption and bribery policies which restrict nature and monetary value of presents, beyond which they have to hand them to the school. Made me giggle a bit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now