Talk

Advanced search

Pen/pencil to assist with writing

(9 Posts)
Slippersmum Mon 22-Jun-15 14:12:03

My Ds is 7 and can barley write. There have been lots of interventions, I volunteer in class so I can see how best to support at home and he has a tutor. Nothing has worked. His teacher has suggested buying a pencil for children who have difficult with writing skills. Has anyone used one? Could you recommend anything?

GobblersKnob Mon 22-Jun-15 14:17:21

The grip things are good, they helped ds with positioning, is that what they mean do you think?

Like this.

DonkeyOaty Mon 22-Jun-15 14:17:43

Pen Again v good for my dyspraxic kiddo - was recc to me years ago on here.

Could you also ask school or your GP to refer DS to an OT to assess his motor skills and put interventions in as well?

Chocolatewaterfalls Mon 22-Jun-15 14:53:20

I would recommend faber castell GRIP 2001.

Chocolatewaterfalls Mon 22-Jun-15 15:16:54

Or Faber Castell Grip Plus ballpoint

TheFirstOfHerName Mon 22-Jun-15 15:26:52

DS2 has had some improvement with the Stabilo Easimove.

mrsmortis Mon 22-Jun-15 15:29:35

Something like the stabilo EASY range?

Pikkewyn Mon 22-Jun-15 21:36:49

DD has got along well with the Stabilo Easyergo pencils, she has a Pen again but had tiny hands so found it a bit big, she is using it more and more though as she grows.

Superlovely Mon 22-Jun-15 22:05:33

Have you tried a normal pencil with a piece of blu- tak or similar wrapped around it to make a grip? Mould it to form a triangular grip which fits the child's fingers. I have always found it the best thing for year 1 children with little fingers. The slight stickiness helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now