Talk

Advanced search

Database program for ipads in a primary classroom

(10 Posts)

Hi. We have recently purchased a class set of ipads and we would like to find a good, simple, database program for the children to use, which would allow them to include pictures as well as text. Excell doesn't do pictures well. Any ideas?

mrsmortis Mon 22-Jun-15 12:24:23

Don't mind me, you've just brought the techie in me out, but, Excel isn't a database. It's a spreadsheet.

What are you trying to achieve? If you can give me some requirements I may be able to help.

I know excel is a spreadsheet (honestly); even so, I was told that is what we are going to use at school. Our class is making databases about animals and we want pictures.

I am looking at Microsoft access, but again there seems to be a problem with easily adding pictures to a record.

jackierussell Mon 22-Jun-15 20:51:08

Liber office or OpenOffice, both have databases I am afraid I don't know about adding picture

jackierussell Mon 22-Jun-15 20:51:48

Sorry should have been libreoffice

Thanks; I'll look.

icklekid Tue 23-Jun-15 05:47:57

We use 2simple purplemash- great for teaching understanding of databases with existing data and would allow you to create your own with pictures easily. All online so fine for ipad

antimatter Tue 23-Jun-15 05:51:33

What is it you are trying to teach your kids?

Are you trying to teach concepts of database on ipads or find storage solution and be able to retrieve text and pictures?

Antimatter, both really ... icklekid, will look at that. Internet is down more often than not though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now