Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Reception reports

(11 Posts)
Dottymum2 Sat 20-Jun-15 10:27:15

Hi, just wondered what I can expect from my dd's end of reception report. Are they using the emerging, expected Ect.... Lingo for this year? I remember getting my now yr 6 dd's report after reception and it was very basic and impersonal. Just hoping for a bit more this time!!!!

poppy70 Sat 20-Jun-15 10:34:58

Depends entirely on school. Already written I warrant.

Dottymum2 Sat 20-Jun-15 11:53:04

Yeah realise all schools are different just hoping for an idea!

WinnieTheWilt Sat 20-Jun-15 12:21:06

You should be given the following info (statutory)
An assessment against each of the 17 Early Learning Goals of emerging (1), expected (2), exceeding (3) and a summary of your child's characteristics of effective learning.
In addition mine include a summary of learning in each of the 7 areas plus RE, and a next step for Lit/Maths.

WinnieTheWilt Sat 20-Jun-15 12:22:17

plus they were v personal, took ages and I loved writing them!

mrz Sat 20-Jun-15 13:06:11

Emerging, expected and exceeding were only introduced 3 years ago previously there were 17 areas with a scale of 1-9 (9 indicating a child working consistently above end of EYFS levels).
By law the school must provide parents with a summary of the child's achievement at the end of the key stage.

Dottymum2 Sat 20-Jun-15 13:24:18

Thank u for that, very helpful.

poppy70 Sat 20-Jun-15 22:54:15

It could still be basic and impersonal with a computer generated print out and mark for the 17 early learning goals and sentence or two on characteristics of effective learning. Ifmit is the same teacher this time In figure it will be.

Springtimemama Sat 20-Jun-15 23:13:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrz Sun 21-Jun-15 06:03:27

Characteristics of Effective Learning

By playing and exploring:

• finding out and exploring

• using what they know in their play

• being willing to have a go
Through active learning:

• being involved and concentrating

• keeping on trying

• enjoying achieving what they set out to do

By creating and thinking critically

• having their own ideas

• using what they already know to learn new things

• choosing ways to do things and finding new ways

mrz Sun 21-Jun-15 06:04:20

www.abcdoes.com/new-website/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/characteristics-of-effective-learning-guide.docx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now