Talk

Advanced search

Should I tell the school?

(6 Posts)
Stripysecrets Fri 19-Jun-15 21:10:50

Dd has some interesting characters in her class (age 5). She comes home daily with stories of what X,Y or Z has done (ranging from shouting (aggressive), hitting, jumping on other children, lots of 'play fights' and silly noises/words , daily use of the f word and other swear words by one child etc).

There's about 5 children in the class with extreme behaviour. (I am from an education background too and have seen these children first hand - they are way beyond what you might class as 'normal' classroom disruptions etc).

The teacher is lovely and very calm with them (they are awful even at drop off in the morning and don't get me started on the behaviour at parties! shock)

One parent in particular is kicking up a massive fuss on Facebook saying the teacher isn't doing her job and the children need harsher punishments.

Dd has told me they get sent to the head/ have to miss playtime/ golden time/ go in time out. I don't see what else you could do for a 5 year old?

I haven't commented but have taken screen shots incase it gets deleted. Do I tell the teacher/ head?

AuntieStella Fri 19-Jun-15 21:14:12

No. This isn't your issue at the moment.

If your DD is affected by the behaviour then of course you talk to the school about that, to get it fixed for her. You might decide that what she's telling you is already having an impact and therefore you need to do this now.

But how other parents are talking about it? Stand clear.

mrz Fri 19-Jun-15 21:52:32

Stay clear many LEAs are taking action against remarks posted on social media if schools or staff are identifiable

Millymollymama Fri 19-Jun-15 22:11:01

I suspect the teacher needs more TA time in the classroom. However, don't say anything about the Facebook comments.

I would be complaining about this disruptive behaviour and unacceptable language , but directly to the school. The teacher obviously needs more help and the school should be aware of the impact these children are having on the whole class and ensure that all the children are able to learn without disruption. I hope Ofsted don't appear too quickly!

Starlightbright1 Fri 19-Jun-15 22:14:23

No to the social media reporting.. Yes to speaking to the teacher about how it is affecting your child

Wellthen Sat 20-Jun-15 16:59:56

Does your school mention social media in its code of conduct? Are parents bound by it? We have one that means action ca be taken, as mrz says, if the school is identifiable.

If the teacher is mentioned by name I might send an email to see if the head wants to take action. Otherwise, keep out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now