Talk

Advanced search

Tutor needed for teaching reading and writing

(12 Posts)
mylittleprincess28 Tue 16-Jun-15 22:17:56

I am looking for an experienced tutor who can start reading, cursive writing and basic maths for my DD who is beginning reception from Sep 2015. I am looking for 3 days a week in Aug to tutor at our home for minimum 2 hours.

I live in Wimbledon.

calzone Tue 16-Jun-15 22:18:29

Why?

Zebda Tue 16-Jun-15 22:19:18

is your DD not going to school? they teach all that for free you know

westcountrywoman Tue 16-Jun-15 22:23:23

Urm... good luck getting your 4 year old to sit for 2 hours in one go. 4 year olds should be learning through play, not structured tutoring.

ClearEyesFullHearts Tue 16-Jun-15 22:25:21

OP, this is a terrible idea. Please don't do it.

Yamahaha Tue 16-Jun-15 22:40:15

Hasn't she been to nursery? They do start that in nurseries...
How on earth have you not been reading with your <5yo? Or doing basic maths? confused

calzone Tue 16-Jun-15 22:42:13

OP? Come back.....

mrbrowncanmoo Tue 16-Jun-15 23:00:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BackforGood Tue 16-Jun-15 23:01:54

shock
confused
sad

fatowl Tue 16-Jun-15 23:59:42

Joke post I reckon. Not many sane parents would do this.

I know parents like this but I live and teach in Asia - home of the proverbial Tiger Mother. The head of the school I teach in spends her time talking parents out of tutoring the hell out of children before we even get them!

OP, if you are for real and not a troll, spend the summer with your child making sure she can independently put on her coat, go to the toilet, recognise her name (so she can find her named peg etc), ask for help, and how to make friends.
Enjoy books together, do arts and craft, enjoy the outdoors.

If she can do these, she will be ready to go (and excel) in September

CookieDoughKid Wed 17-Jun-15 00:01:09

Troll.

Yamahaha Wed 17-Jun-15 00:03:52

Yes fatowl, I too know parents that would tutor four year olds... but they wouldn't be starting from scratch at four, almost five! There would already have been four years prep groundwork done previously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now