Talk

Advanced search

wwyd classmate upsetting ds.

(8 Posts)
frozen70 Sun 14-Jun-15 00:29:19

Ds is in year 4 and is a sensitive soul plus we are going though a family bereavement so things are difficult.
Another child in class has been saying things which have upset ds. Nothing major just saying I am fat (which sadly is true) and also saying ds is gay. Not true but would I care if true? No.
I have done my best to comfort/reassure ds but I am wondering should I talk to the teacher.
thank you.

ElsasComplex Sun 14-Jun-15 00:30:52

Yes, you should. Poor mite. The teacher will help, I'm sure.

BiscuitMillionaire Sun 14-Jun-15 00:46:13

It's definitely not OK to use 'gay' as an insult. I would ask to speak to the teacher.

inthename Sun 14-Jun-15 01:37:41

speak to the teacher, this isn't acceptable and is basically the child trying to get a reaction from your ds. Teacher needs to nip it in the bud.

frozen70 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:28:05

Thank you. Will talk again to ds to make sure I know full facts and will have a word Monday.

momtothree Sun 14-Jun-15 10:33:59

The facts are difficult as you only know half the story. I tend to believe my children but would say to the teacher ..,, this is what DS is telling me, perhaps you could look at it and let me know. That way you will have the full picture and know the school has done something. I would suggest the teacher speaks to the class about `knowing when to stop when you can see child is upset` iyswim

frozen70 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:41:29

Good idea momto3.

Starlightbright1 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:52:18

I agree with momto3.... I had an incident with my DS recently. I spoke to the teacher and asked her if he could look into it including any part I might play. All boys involved including my Ds had to appologise to each other. Not play together for a day and it was all resolved..

I am also teaching my son about whose opinions matter and the likelyhood of his response causing things to happen again.

Yes I would definitely have a word with the teacher

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now