Talk

Advanced search

EY teachers - can anyone share examples of planning please?

(8 Posts)
Questionsquestionsquestions Wed 10-Jun-15 22:24:49

We've just been advised to alter the way we do our planning - currently we have all areas of one sheet of paper, and have been advised to have a separate Lit and Maths plan, alongside the wider one which shows all areas/activities - I'm not sure how much detail a Lit/Num plan would have - can anyone kind share an example of their planning if they do this, so I have a starting point to work from? Thanks smile

Purpleprickles Wed 10-Jun-15 22:29:15

Questions your plans sound like ours, everything on one in sections. Ours are long- probably about 5 pages plus once all activities are detailed. Can I ask why you have been told to change, what the thinking behind it is?

WinnieTheWilt Wed 10-Jun-15 22:30:07

Who advised you? we used to have to do this (basically to look more like rest of school) and it was absolute pants tbh, much harder to be flexible and make cross curricular links. I got rid of it when I went FT and got an Ofsted Good (up from RI) so must be doing something right!

Questionsquestionsquestions Wed 10-Jun-15 22:39:18

Hmmm - interesting. To be fair, ours is only a double side (inside on one and outside on the other) so maybe it's too brief. An Ofsted expert advised us that it's too brief - and I do think they have a point - but not sure how to move forward without ending up having lots of pieces of paper and documents to navigate. Any chance either of you could possibly share yours (taking off any school identifying details) so i can see what others do - I'm pretty new to EY and not had much support.

Purpleprickles Wed 10-Jun-15 22:51:14

I'm an FS Coord and would say that double sided sounds too brief but it depends how much detail is there. I can email copies of ours- do you want to pm your email to me?

WinnieTheWilt Thu 11-Jun-15 07:20:57

Mine's become very brief. I've been in EY a while and the detail is in my head! am revamping for Sept to make it all a bit more explicit, prob along lines of what purple's are like. Ofsted don't look at planning!

Questionsquestionsquestions Thu 11-Jun-15 10:12:13

Thanks all. Purple - have pm-ed you.

Questionsquestionsquestions Thu 11-Jun-15 10:12:58

Winnie, our expert who came in is currently an Ofsted inspector and he was interested in it - that's why I'm concerned!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now