Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions for maths apps for yr1/yr2?

(9 Posts)
TheseSoles Sun 07-Jun-15 10:00:37

Covering things like counting in 2s, addition, subtraction, money
Something which keeps them on the easy levels until they have really got it would be good!

TheseSoles Sun 07-Jun-15 10:01:15

Sorry - meant to say for android tablet or windows pc.

SheHasAWildHeart Sun 07-Jun-15 10:03:42

Komodomath. They do a little maths quiz first that gets sent a qualified teacher and then the remaining 'lessons' are pitched at their level and how well they do in each 'lesson' determines when they move up a stage. Also To Do Math.

TheseSoles Sun 07-Jun-15 10:05:36

That sounds perfect, thank you.

Luna9 Sun 07-Jun-15 14:34:44

My DD school has a subscription to mathletics; all the kids can access it; I think is great.

Mcnorton Tue 09-Jun-15 22:02:53

My son has enjoyed Squeebles, it's a sort of game with levels you can unlock for them (i locked the harder levels until he was ready as he gets easily discouraged). There are various types of task, adding, subtracting, fill the gaps etc. Any you get wrong just go into a section called Tricky Questions you can have a go at later and get bonus points for.

Ferguson Tue 09-Jun-15 22:09:32

I don't know if these will suit your equipment, but they cover everything you need:

www.ictgames.com/

www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/page/default.asp?title=Woodlands%20Junior%20School&pid=1

TheseSoles Wed 10-Jun-15 12:39:25

Thanks for all the suggestions - I will check them out.

moonbells Wed 10-Jun-15 14:47:50

Slice fractions!

Great fun and teaches not just fractions but some physics too (by seeing how things move and fall)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now