Talk

Advanced search

Moreton Hall estate

(3 Posts)
cnjones4848 Sun 31-May-15 04:57:59

Hi Mums, we are thinking of moving to the Moreton Hall estate in a couple of months and I just wanted to ask for any feedback on it. We currently live in Australia and have never been to it. My partner will be working in Colchester and we have two children aged 2 and 3.5. Is there anything on the estate....shop, park, cafe etc or is everything a drive away? We don't know anyone in the area so are there many playgroups?
Thank you very much for any information you can provide!

LiliaSant Sun 31-May-15 18:59:45

Hi, I know this area and it is really good if you have children. There are two primary schools, one Ofsted good and one outstanding. There will be a secondary schools (this is yet to be build but LA says it will start to enrol children from 2016). There are a few play areas (play equipment) and another brand new one to be build in a few months (near Abbots Green school). You can walk to Bury St Edmunds Town (30min to 40 min) or cycle (10min). There are good footpaths and cycle paths linked to Bury town. There is a coffee shop (really good coffee and cake), Tesco express, hairdresser. Hope that helps!

cnjones4848 Sun 31-May-15 23:36:39

That is really helpful, thank you so much. It's impossible to tell what an area is like from so far away. Yes we'll be looking at primary schools for a sept 2016 start.
Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now