Talk

Advanced search

Dumpton or Castle Court???

(8 Posts)
IslandintheStreamIng Fri 08-May-15 08:20:26

DS due to start reception in Sept. We've taken tours of Castle Court and Dumpton and thought they were both lovely. So really need some help choosing between them. We're moving to Wimborne shortly so the choice is between these two schools.

From talking to other parents the sense I get is that Dumpton is more academic and that Castle Court is more caring. But these views might be a bit out of date.

Please can you let me know if you have any thoughts - good or bad?

Alexandpea Fri 08-May-15 09:56:44

Sorry no advice. But also interested so place marking.

IslandintheStreamIng Fri 08-May-15 09:59:20

Anyone? Please.

needaholiday2015 Fri 08-May-15 11:57:42

They are both very academic schools and send children of to good senior schools however my experience is that they have different ways of getting the best out of the children. 1 school may just not suit your child and the other will Dumpton did not suit mine children or us as a family but Castle Court has been perfect ....lots of differences in there approach.

IslandintheStreamIng Fri 08-May-15 13:06:27

Thanks very much for replying Need, that's helpful. Are you able to say what it was about Dumpton that didn't suit your DCs?

IslandintheStreamIng Fri 08-May-15 13:07:58

...and what it is about Castle Court that does suit your DCs and family. Thanks!

TinkerBellThree Sat 09-May-15 04:48:38

The ethos of the two schools seem completely different. At least from the playing fields where I have seen it.
Dumptons sports is rather cut-throat with a lot of not just shouting, but screaming and yelling from the sidelines by the coaches. I know of one child who let a Dumpton child score on them as they felt so sorry for them with all the yelling going on. I have also witnessed very unsportsmanlike behaviour by Dumpton children, which was if not encouraged, then certainly not diciplined...
Castle Court seem the more nurturing of the two, without me having any further or more detailed knowledge of the school.

wcg75 Mon 15-Jun-15 12:10:53

Hi sorry to resurrect this thread but we recently visited both schools and are very confused and liked different things about both schools. Island, did you decide in the end? I am moving towards CC as I think my drama/music obsessed boy will do well there. Other DS would start in reception and I was very impressed by the informality there. Any other thoughts on the schools welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now