pre schools in Marlow

(7 Posts)
Monkey2333 Thu 07-May-15 20:25:12

Hi, were hoping to move to Marlow later this year and i`m looking for a preschool for my child who will be 3.5yrs by then.
Am I right in thinking that there are no pre-schools attached to schools in Marlow?
Does anyone have any recommendations please?
Thank you!

LL12 Fri 08-May-15 14:11:49

As far as I'm aware Foxes Piece and Marlow CofE Infants are the only schools with a nursery in their school grounds but both are private rather than being a school nursery.
Sorry I don't have any recommendations as it's been a while since I used a nursery (used a really good Montessori which has a branch in near by Lane End)
Can highly recommend living in catchment for Holy Trinity junior school though.

Monkey2333 Fri 08-May-15 20:57:40

Thank you LL12!

strawberrytablecloth Fri 08-May-15 21:03:14

LL12 is right as far as I know. Do research the schools & where you are going to live thoroughly. Last year (not sure what it was like this year) one or two of the schools had a catchment of about 400yds for non-siblings as in catchment siblings take priority (which, IMO, is understandable but could easily catch you out as a parent); some have very well regarded before & after school clubs on site whilst others offer nothing; some of the schools move at the end of KS1 whereas others are at the same place for KS1 & KS2.

Monkey2333 Fri 08-May-15 21:58:22

Thank you strawberry! So stressful! We're moving to try and make finding and being accepted into a school less stressful but that seems unlikely in Marlow!
Any preschool recommendations?

BananaCake123 Sun 10-May-15 11:23:44

Definitely look at Marlow Montessori in Bovingdon Green, a short drive from central Marlow - such a shame I did not see your post before as I believe they held an Open Day yesterday. It offers an outstanding pre-school provision. However, you would need to get your child registered asap as it is extremely popular and always has a waiting list. Post pre-school, look at Sandgate Infant School which feeds into Holy Trinity primary. Make sure you live well within the catchment! Good luck!

Monkey2333 Mon 11-May-15 22:22:40

Thank you Banana cake, I will check that out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now