Waiting list help please

(6 Posts)
DangerousMouse Thu 07-May-15 10:14:42

I have just found out today that DD is 5th on the waiting list for our preferred school, which has an intake of 90.
Has anyone been 5th and got a place? How long did it take? I feel in limbo at the moment!

krisskross Thu 07-May-15 10:24:20

Hi, three years ago we were third on list in v popular oversubscribed school in London. We missed out by 0.01 of a mile exactly.

I was utterly distraught. we went up to no. 2 in the June, and we got a place on July 11, so before sept start date.

Another boy in Ds class was no. 6 and got a place the day before term started, as those above him on list turned places down.

My advice would be to make alternative plans, but keep phoning every week or two to find your place. Good luck.

krisskross Thu 07-May-15 10:25:13

Ps with an intake of ninety there's bound to.be movement....ours is sixty

redautumnleaves Thu 07-May-15 10:47:40

There is always lots of movement and September is a long way away.
Phone the council every week or so but don't let it take over your life! Movement can also happen during the start of the term. I was offered my first choice school in November last year. I declined as my dd had already settled well into reception and I had fallen in love with the school that she is at.

redskybynight Thu 07-May-15 13:08:28

Depends entirely on where you live and the level of mobility!

DC's old infants school - extremely likely before term starts as there was so much movement
other local infants school - friends sat on list for 3 years and eventually gave up, she got as high as 2nd at one point.

Mopmay Thu 07-May-15 17:09:58

Same as red said. At our school you would be in by Sept based on the last 5 years but depends on area. We are affluent city area where people go private, move etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now