Talk

Advanced search

Moved after primary allocations

(6 Posts)
TheEndOfTheWorldAsIKnowIt Wed 06-May-15 16:35:36

Hi just looking for a bit of advice. We were offered our second choice of primary, I was disappointed but the first choice was a bit of a long shot so still really pleased with our offer.
So when I applied I had moved out of our house with the children for a while and in with my mum. She was unwell and needed support and things were really bad between me and my other half so some time out from 'd'p was an added bonus (that is a whole other thread) so I moved in with my mum, explained everything to the admissions team and asked what I should put for our home address and she said I should put my mums as that is where we were living at the time of application.
I have now moved back into the family home, 'd'p is working away for the next few months at least so seemed daft for me to be living with my mum whilst our home is empty and she was better so was pleased to have her house back.
Now I am worried about schools, our house is closer to the school than my mums so it's not as if we changed addresses to get into the school but I am scared that they will take ds' place away if I change the address now. I also don't want to put my mums address down now we aren't living there incase they need to get hold of me once ds starts and can't.
I may be worrying about nothing, I suffer with anxiety and am having a bad time at the moment so everything seems worse than it probably is. Thanks flowers

TheEndOfTheWorldAsIKnowIt Wed 06-May-15 16:48:39

Sorry for the essay! smile

TheWildRumpyPumpus Wed 06-May-15 17:05:08

I'm not an expert! But would think you could only lose the place If you wouldn't have been given it originally using your current address.

Are your communications with admissions in written form?

TheEndOfTheWorldAsIKnowIt Wed 06-May-15 17:08:33

Thanks for your reply. No the application was all done online and I spoke to them on the phone (about 3 times to check) we are more likely to get a place from this address than my mums (a mile closer) and similar distance from first choice so they can't really claim I used mums address to be closer to that school.

prh47bridge Wed 06-May-15 17:17:15

They cannot take the place away simply because you have moved. They can only do that if they decide the original application was fraudulent or deliberately misleading. Even if they were to decide that it isn't the end of the matter. If you would still have been offered a place if they had used your "correct" address they can't take it away. So you are completely safe.

TheEndOfTheWorldAsIKnowIt Wed 06-May-15 20:57:29

Thank you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now