Talk

Advanced search

Reggio Emilia nurseries, pre-schools and schools in London

(8 Posts)
Kolorica Thu 05-Mar-15 17:39:48

Please, can you help me finding Reggio Emilia nurseries and schools in London area? I googled but I could't find it. Thank you

ag123 Thu 05-Mar-15 19:20:54

I would be surprised if there are any settings that claim to be 'pure' Reggio Emilia in the whole of the uk to be honest, but I am sure there are many that try and take on board aspects of the philosophy... Is there something in particular you are looking for?

imip Thu 05-Mar-15 20:25:18

I don't know much about it, but they are really popular in my home country of Australia, but I have never heard of them, but have put my 4 dcs through Montessori pre-school in London. My very vague understanding (from friends at home) was that it was similar to Montessori???

The only time I have heard it mentioned in the uk was from a Montessori teacher who was leaving to complete her phd in 'alternative' forms of education like Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Steiner.

Interesting to see other responses to this thread...

sanam2010 Thu 05-Mar-15 22:00:27

the American School in London follows Emilia Reggio philosophy (at least that's what they said on the open morning). You need to be a millionaire to afford those nursery fees though!

sugarfoot Fri 06-Mar-15 10:18:16

Eden Primary School in Muswell Hill also uses Emilia Reggio philosophy.

UKsounding Fri 06-Mar-15 15:37:07

Come to Toronto OP. Emilia Reggio is the latest fashion here in private junior schools atm

PurdeyHJ Thu 05-Nov-15 00:07:47

Did anyone have success finding Reggio Emilia nurseries in London? I'm now looking so would love to know what you found.
Thanks!

toomanywheeliebins Sun 08-Nov-15 15:57:36

Have you tried 1st Place in southwark - three Reggio inspired nurseries

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now