Advanced search

Reception Year School at St Neots, Cambs

(5 Posts)
bands01 Sun 08-Feb-15 17:54:32

We have recently relocated to St Neots and searching apartment +school for daughter, who will join Reception year. I need guidance on selecting school for her. Accordingly we will try to find apartment.

Thanks in advance.

PatriciaHolm Sun 08-Feb-15 21:59:12

You need to talk to the LEA (local education authority) as they will be able to tell you which schools have spaces ; you don't get to just choose any school I'm afraid. Start with talking to the council and see what they say In terms of your choices.

bands01 Mon 09-Feb-15 08:30:47

Thanks for your reply. We will check with LEA. Also, can you please recommend if possible good schools in the area.

Hersetta427 Mon 09-Feb-15 14:12:01

You need to have an address first before you can apply for a school place. If your daughter is already reception age then you will not have much choice and you will be given a place at the nearest school with a vacancy. You will need to contact the local authority so see which schools have places available - my LA show this information on their website so I would start there.

shopperholic101 Tue 10-Feb-15 21:00:28

From memory Crosshall school (Infants and Juniors) is good. Think the catchment is strict though. Bushmead is ok and Priory Infants i don't know about as its been years since i knew anyone who sent their children there. Where abouts in St.Neots area you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now