Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

Alleyns 7+ waiting list

(5 Posts)
se21mum Sat 07-Feb-15 23:43:13

Hi, My daughter has been offered a waiting list place following the 7+ assessments. I just wondered if anyone knew how likely it might be that a place could be offered? I know the school over-offers and is popular so I am not sure there will be any need to take any one from the waiting lists. I guess a few girls may choose JAGS over Alleyns and may have been offered both. Has anyone been in this situation before? I am trying not to get my hopes up. Alleyns have said that the waiting list isn't really rank ordered as they need to balance out age and gender. Does anyone know how many are on the list? Or how many in total applied for the 7+ this year? Thanks in advance for any help/thoughts you can provide.

shoutymcshoutsmum Sun 08-Feb-15 10:32:17

I can't give you any useful information but I just wanted to say hang on in there. I went through the same process for another over-subscribed school in South London last week. It can all sort out in the end - it did for us. In the meantime, find out what you can by all means if only to pass the time but, in reality, what will be will be. Each year a different number of children get in off waiting lists - it's just a very painful case of waiting. Good luck.

ps my Mum chose JAGS over Alleyns for me and my sister back in 1985!

shoutymcshoutsmum Sun 08-Feb-15 10:32:26

I can't give you any useful information but I just wanted to say hang on in there. I went through the same process for another over-subscribed school in South London last week. It can all sort out in the end - it did for us. In the meantime, find out what you can by all means if only to pass the time but, in reality, what will be will be. Each year a different number of children get in off waiting lists - it's just a very painful case of waiting. Good luck.

ps my Mum chose JAGS over Alleyns for me and my sister back in 1985!

tiredofwetsheets Sun 08-Feb-15 10:50:30

If you look on the main education board there is an alleyn's teacher trying to decide between A or DC.

se21mum Sun 08-Feb-15 22:35:49

Thanks! You're right, I think I am just posting here to feel like I am doing something productive while I wait. At least by Wednesday night we'll know one way or another! Thanks for your posts.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: