Talk

Advanced search

schoolbag with waist strap

(11 Posts)
theDudesmummy Wed 04-Feb-15 12:34:21

Hi, I am usually on the SN boards, but thought I would post this question here. Hope it's not the wrong place, but it does pertain to a primary school child going to school!.

I am going mad trying to find a school backpack-type bag which has a waist strap (like the Little Life day back bags for toddlers,

www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Life-L10740-Littlelife-Toddler/dp/B00BETZF4W/ref=pd_cp_by_0

but bigger, for a five year old). Lots of organisations give advice about having school bags with a waist strap being better for the spine etc, but I am buggered if I can find a single one anywhere (and I am generally v good at finding things online). It has to be big enough to fit several things in including a Kindle in a rather bulky waterproof case.

The bag he has at the moment is just a standard little backpack with characters on that you can buy in supermarkets etc, but I have noticed that it keeps slipping off his shoulders and is often halfway down his arms. As he has to carry fairly heavy things for his size we need a better bag. The Little Life back pack was great before he started school, and is still sometimes used on weekends, but is not big enough for school.

Any ideas? Really gratefully receiced here!

SavoyCabbage Wed 04-Feb-15 12:38:07

You can't move for them where I live (Australia), home of the enormous school bag!

Have you tried camping type shops?

dementedpixie Wed 04-Feb-15 12:43:35

www.amazon.co.uk/Vaude-14878-Ayla-Childrens-Backpack/dp/B001QXDK6G - don't know how big it is though

4PlusMum Wed 04-Feb-15 12:48:03

www.amazon.co.uk/Vaude-14878-Ayla-Childrens-Backpack/dp/B001QXDK6G

www.amazon.co.uk/Andes-Hiking-Walking-Rucksack-Backpack/dp/B00HZN1M5C

WhatAHooHa Wed 04-Feb-15 12:48:46

I'm sure the bog standard bags we used to buy from Tesco (before the kids got fashion conscious) used to have waist straps.

theDudesmummy Wed 04-Feb-15 12:57:26

Thanks so much! Those Ayla bags certainly look like the right thing. I don't know why I could not find them before, i was looking on Amazon as well as other places! I have ordered one and will see if it is right, can always return it if not.
The Andes one looks nice but perhaps a bit big for my very small boy, so I'll try the other one first.

OldBeanbagz Wed 04-Feb-15 12:59:34

How about this Jack Wolfskin one?

My high school aged DD is into her second year of using a similar one and her bag is heavy and stuffed full!

theDudesmummy Wed 04-Feb-15 13:07:38

That looks good too, thanks, will keep that one in mind for when he is a bit bigger! (He is a very little five year old at the moment!)

theDudesmummy Wed 11-Feb-15 13:19:41

Got the Ayla bag, it is perfect and he has hardly taken it off since it arrived. Thanks so much!

OMVM2 Sat 03-Sep-16 18:30:33

try Ergobag, they have waist straps and can be adjusted depending on height of the child. for a 5 year old the ergobag pack or for older kids satch which my daughter just got for secondary school, well made and most of all made for kids, not adults! smile the link is www.ergobag.com.

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 03-Sep-16 18:39:44

Vango 10l day sack from camping stores.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now