Talk

Advanced search

Handwriting

(2 Posts)
Pipsqueak16 Tue 03-Feb-15 22:09:58

DS is in year 2 but goes to year 3 for literacy/ maths. He has not be taught joined up writing at school, but he knows correct letter formation with joining strokes. When he was doing his homework, I noticed he was trying to join his writing, but without any clear ideas about how this should correctly be done.
I asked him about it and he said his teacher in year 3 had told him he should be doing joined up writing. He told me he told her he did not know how to do it and he told me she showed him a few things.
I feel that his making it up is a recipe for handwriting disaster in my boy who tends to hurry anyway and therefore is not the neatest.
Does anybody know any resources I could use which would show the current correct way.

HarrietSchulenberg Tue 03-Feb-15 22:13:20

If he's been taught the correct cursive strokes with his letter shapes, which he should have been, then he will be able to join letters correctly as there's not much scope to go wrong.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: