Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

Late School move

(9 Posts)
ggbll Tue 03-Feb-15 20:31:02

11year old having behavioural issues at school. Everyone now seems to lay in. Is it possible move to another school for the last few months of academic year. It's mainly talking back(not rude) and not following instructions. At times in own world. Very clever child. Am pulling my hair out, can not sleep.

prh47bridge Tue 03-Feb-15 23:15:57

You can move your child to another school at any time if you are talking about making a permanent move. If there is another school with a place available they have to admit your child. However, before making such a move you need to be sure that a change of scenery will resolve the issues. If you move your child to a different school and they continue to behave poorly what will you do then?

PatriciaHolm Wed 04-Feb-15 00:34:13

Talking back, not following instructions, in own world is going to cause issues wherever. I can't see how moving is going to miraculously cure the problem?

ggbll Wed 04-Feb-15 01:11:22

Patriciaholm, on reflection 'in own world' isn't correct. It is the way the issues are dealt with. Is it right for punishment to extend to extracurricular activities onthe premises privately funded where the tutor has no problems

tiggytape Wed 04-Feb-15 09:11:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

prh47bridge Wed 04-Feb-15 10:05:28

Is it right for punishment to extend to extracurricular activities on the premises privately funded where the tutor has no problems

I presume these activities are being provided through the school as they are taking place on school premises. Yes, of course the school has the right to stop participation in extracurricular activities as punishment for misbehaviour. Your child needs to learn that actions have consequences and that if they misbehave they will miss out on activities they enjoy.

ggbll Wed 04-Feb-15 20:50:37

Naturally regularly excels, rarely acknowledged. At times even that seems to be a source of frustration to some.

ggbll Wed 04-Feb-15 20:53:05

Naturally regularly excels, rarely acknowledged. At times even that seems to be a source of frustration to some.

bigbuttons Wed 04-Feb-15 20:54:58

I have just moved my year 6 dd this week. She started her new school this week. She is so much happier. I say go for it and good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: