Advanced search

HABS Boys 7+ Waiting List 2015

(10 Posts)
abhijitc4u Mon 02-Feb-15 13:39:51

My DS is on waiting list of HABS Boys 7+ entry.

Does anyone know how big is the waiting list? I searched for previous threads and there seem none (or atleast I didnt find any) who talk about the HABS wait list. Does that mean there is no or very little movement in the HABS Boys wait list?

Is there anyone out there going through the same torture?

FrankWelker Mon 02-Feb-15 13:43:20

Hang in there. I know 2 of my friends are turning down places this week in favour of Colet Court. Fingers crossed- I think you just need to wait. Easier said than done....

abhijitc4u Mon 02-Feb-15 13:55:08

Thanks FrankWelker, that's definitely music to my ears...

Really at tenterhooks on DS place in the waiting queue, have (mostly in vain) asked the school but don't expect any joy of getting an answer..

FrankWelker Mon 02-Feb-15 13:59:26

Remember the deadline for firm offer acceptance is Thursday. Unfortunately I don't think you will find out anything until next week. I think the chances are VERY good though xxx

abhijitc4u Mon 02-Feb-15 15:00:54

Indeed, and thanks for reminding that FrankWelker, the eagerness of knowing our state comfortably clouded the bigger picture and the timelines associated with it.

I guess my fingernails will have a tough time till early next week.

abhijitc4u Tue 03-Feb-15 09:14:29

Got a call from the school secretary yesterday on the back of my email requesting information on the waiting list.

We were told we will get a call on Thursday, not sure we should make anything out of that comment or was it just a passing one.

Comprehending Janet Yellen's statement is a cake walk in comparison to interpreting the phone call smile

abhijitc4u Thu 05-Feb-15 17:44:15

FrankWelker thanks for the info earlier in the week, 2 from the waiting list did get an offer unfortunately we weren't one of them.

According to the Director of Admissions, there is high probability we will get an offer if one of the 2 didnt accept it which I think is highly unlikely.

Sam242 Sat 28-Jan-17 13:36:59


My son got his 7+ admission letters today.

He is on the reserve list on Habs, Highgate and UCS!!! I dont know what to make out of this. Are there any chances of him getting selected from the waiting list? Anyone else in the same boat?

Its not a good feeling at all!!!

Infopls Sun 29-Jan-17 15:16:45

I know someone on wait list for Habs but they are taking UCS

Sam242 Mon 30-Jan-17 12:14:12

Thanks Infopls....just a waiting game now:-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now