Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a Private Tutor agency that covers West Kent?

(10 Posts)
NumptyNu Sun 25-Jan-15 13:50:50

Hi there, we live around 5 miles out into the sticks from Sevenoaks, and are looking for a private tutor. We're struggling to find anyone local to us. Does anyone have any recommendations for this area?

Tanaqui Sun 25-Jan-15 13:57:17

What sort of tutoring are you looking for? If 11+ there is a place in sevenoaks I can't think of the name of, bright young things in t wells, westkent tuition and kip McGrath in Tonbridge. Think some of them also do gcse. Hth.

Alice1nWonderland Mon 26-Jan-15 12:58:08

If it's for 11+ have you tried asking the teachers 'off the record' at school? I hear many are partial to a spot of out of hours tutoring round these parts (West Kent) - often giving 1-2-1 for the same price as a group session with an agency.

barhoumti123 Mon 26-Jan-15 15:19:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

NumptyNu Tue 27-Jan-15 20:25:28

Thanks all, we're looking for basic maths and literacy at the moment. d
DD is7 and would greatly benefit from some 'consolidation' above and beyond that which I'm capable of providing.

Frikadellen Wed 28-Jan-15 17:14:42

There is a place in East Grinstead called Effective learning centre that does tutoring. Not sure if that is to far for you to go (depends on what direction the 5 miles are I guess)

2 of my daughters have gone there and highly benefited.

NumptyNu Thu 29-Jan-15 22:02:18

Thankyou, I'll look into that. Do you mind me asking how you define benefitting or not? I'm not quite sure what to expect?

Frikadellen Thu 29-Jan-15 23:23:45

well dd3 who we originally took was a reader refuser (she is not dyslexic just did not wish to read) they got her past that . She is still a reluctant reader but she doesnt hate it..

and dd2 is dyslexic they have a programme that aids this and supports ways to learn to write better her grades in spelling went up within a term of her being there.

Ferguson Sat 31-Jan-15 19:15:14

I don't know anything about any of these, but I looked them up for someone else the other day:

NumptyNu Sun 01-Feb-15 08:49:12

Brilliant, thankyou!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now