Talk

Advanced search

Moved school

(5 Posts)
baby0684 Fri 23-Jan-15 10:32:22

I have just moved my daughter schools. She is now in Y4. She is really enjoying it and has settled well, and made a few friends.

The problem is, I dont know anyone. Dont know who belongs to who in the playground and I feel lost and lonely.

fredfredsausagehead1 Fri 23-Jan-15 12:12:32

Hi grin

It's so hard isn't it, I think you should give it time, get used to the environment, maybe ask the class teacher or head the drills. It will get easier and by September you won't be new any more!

Hope it gets better for you, smiles and say hello, you'll gradually get there.

footallsock Fri 23-Jan-15 13:43:38

I would really advise being strong and when you realise who is the mum of any of your DD new friends, you grit your teeth, go over, say hello and that you don't know anyone it thought you would say hello etc Most mums are friendly and may not realise. At our school I made an effort to say hello to a mum I knew was new and introduced her to others.

footallsock Fri 23-Jan-15 13:45:06

Is there any PTA or similar too? At our school and our neighbouring school, there are PTAs that are 50-60 members strong and very social able as well as welcoming to anyone who can spare an hour or two grin

fredfredsausagehead1 Sat 24-Jan-15 18:29:30

Are things getting better? I'm talking from experience once you're not the newbie any more and you're used to your surroundings things get better smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: