Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

Yr 4 boys behaviour in the classroom

(4 Posts)
Morena40 Thu 22-Jan-15 09:31:27

Yesterday while walking back from school I was chocked to hear what my DS had to tell me. My DS saw 2 boys opening their trousers and playing with their willies while seating on the chairs behind the table, touching each other and saying you have nice soft willie, I asked my DS joined in, DS said no I don't want to get told off by the teacher. My concern is that how far are this kids going with this behaviour in the classroom and what else next! I totally find it inappropriate/ disrespectful and there is limit for everything. I understand this is age they are discovering their body etc..... But classroom is definitely not the place they can feel free to do this.
Please share your thoughts

Samberry Thu 22-Jan-15 10:25:45

I agree, I would raise the issue with the head teacher if I were you. I think it's just a confusing time for children and they don't quite understand what they're learning in sex ed class.
But it sounds like you've got a good boy there.

Wellthen Thu 22-Jan-15 20:47:40

they don't quite understand what they're learning in sex ed class. who said anything about sex ed?

It could easily be fairly normal experimentation but completely agree its not appropriate at school. They also need to have a conversation with an adult about consent and to ensure they understand normal behaviour.

I would speak to the teacher. There's no need for this to go to the head unless you think one child is manipulating the other.

teeththief Thu 22-Jan-15 23:04:35

I asked my DS joined in, DS said no I don't want to get told off by the teacher

That comment makes me think the teacher dealt with it at the time. Whilst it is completely inappropriate, I don't think children of that age realise the implications of it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: