Talk

Advanced search

Colet Court 7+ 1st round- 2015

(40 Posts)
Stopshrieking Fri 16-Jan-15 21:33:15

Has anyone heard anything this evening? Apparently surnames names at beginning of alphabet would hear this evening.

neildiamond Fri 16-Jan-15 22:10:06

No news so far.. and now all and things are invading my head..
Our surname begins with C...

neildiamond Fri 16-Jan-15 22:12:29

Sorry I meant all abd things.. Apparently DS thought maths was very easy and got stumped by writing part as he really dont know our next door neighbours as all..

Stopshrieking Fri 16-Jan-15 22:25:38

We are D - mine said maths was easy and story he couldn't remember what he wrote �� but it seems like nothing we worked on from bond books came up. But whatever the result he said he really enjoyed the morning.

amyfowler Fri 16-Jan-15 22:28:49

would you know if they will get back to everyone irrespective of outcome of test? or is it only positive responses being mailed out tomorrow..
Good luck to all..

Stopshrieking Fri 16-Jan-15 22:40:04

amyfowler I think all letters will go out tomorrow.

amyfowler Fri 16-Jan-15 22:46:19

Thank you Stopshrieking..

firsttimer08 Sat 17-Jan-15 17:42:14

Any clues on WUS 7+ on the types of questions including creative writing? DS will be sitting next year and it will give us an idea of how to prepare him as he is not going to a pre-prep. Thanks everyone!

amyfowler Sat 17-Jan-15 17:55:54

firsttimer08 I am sorry not sure about wus 7+. There is a thread for 7+ support, may be someone might be able to help you there.
Any news on second round of Colet court? anyone heard from them?

shoutymcshoutsmum Sat 17-Jan-15 18:03:05

We haven't heard from CC here but we are L so didn't expect to. It didn't stop my heart beating extra fast every time my phone rang. The odds seem so impossible - I lay in bed this morning fretting about it after my DS woke me up at 4 45. Does anyone know the numbers who sat the exam on Friday? Thanks.

firsttimer08 Sat 17-Jan-15 18:13:20

Forgot to add - good luck to all the DS and parents. Hope you get good news next week!

shoutymcshoutsmum Sat 17-Jan-15 18:14:38

Thanks firsttimer08. Good luck for next year!

Stopshrieking Sat 17-Jan-15 18:49:44

Shoutymc - when I saw the numbers in there it dawned on me just what we were up against - and they only choose 36 - I did read somewhere that it was 1/10.

shoutymcshoutsmum Sat 17-Jan-15 19:24:35

I read that too but in the Taylor guide (which I looked at today) it said 5-1. It all seems hopeless.....

shoutymcshoutsmum Sat 17-Jan-15 19:24:54

Tatler not Taylor !

amyfowler Sat 17-Jan-15 20:49:40

I think there were 18 rooms and each room had 15 kids (just trying to do some magic maths)..I think its probably ~300 kids for 80 interview calls.
Yes.. waiting is very hard.All the best to everyone and please keep posted..

shoutymcshoutsmum Sun 18-Jan-15 01:14:12

That's one hell of a lot of kids. I am not enjoying the waiting at all. We wait for the Monday post...

Rhythem Sun 18-Jan-15 10:43:17

As far as I know they donot call anyone except if you are overseas and advice await till Wednesday to call them back. In my experience there was a postal mishap and by Tuesday I was disappointed and waited impatiently till 10am the next day as they have emailed and advised these people call on these days if they do not receive a reply by this date. It was 300 I was advised that who sat the exam.Thus It was more than normal. Hope I put you a bit out of misery. Just imagine to dial 80 or 200 contact numbers to tell the result.
Good luck!

Stopshrieking Sun 18-Jan-15 14:18:46

Rythem - sorry I didn't understand your message well. I thought they said international as well as children at beginning of alphabet would be called that day so that they can make arrangements to come for interview on Tuesday - also the postal mishap you mention did that happen for c.c Last year? I can imagine that realistically most letters will go out on Monday - thanks but please clarify your message as all info welcome at a time like this.

Rhythem Sun 18-Jan-15 14:37:20

Yes it was last year and we were asked not to call them as they will post the letters on such and such date after the test. Then there an e-mail it appears that we have not received letters as we have to confirm whether we could make it to the interview date or not. Also it advised dates to call according to alphabetical order of the surname. Hope I make it clear.

Stopshrieking Sun 18-Jan-15 14:47:04

Rythem - I understand now - thanks

shoutymcshoutsmum Sun 18-Jan-15 14:54:25

We got told by CC on Friday that all papers would be marked that Friday afternoon and all the letters would then be sent out on Saturday morning.

The interviews would be done in alphabetical order starting this Tuesday. Therefore successful candidates with surnames at the beginning of alphabet would be called on Friday afternoon to give them enough notice for the interviews on Tuesday. We also got told to call CC once Monday post had been received and no letter from CC had been received. Hope that helps.

shoutymcshoutsmum Sun 18-Jan-15 17:30:53

Does anyone know about the sibling policy at CC? My friend said there were loads of siblings and they were pretty much all a "shoe-in"!

sillydad01 Sun 18-Jan-15 17:55:52

As far as I know there is no sibling policy at CC even though parents with children already there would definitely benefit having previously gone through the unnatural phenomenon of preparing a 6 year-old for a 3 hour exam.

shoutymcshoutsmum Sun 18-Jan-15 18:04:49

Thanks sillydad01.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: