Talk

Advanced search

Need advice/ reviews on St. John's school, Northwood

(2 Posts)
Nidg11 Fri 16-Jan-15 14:57:58

Hello fellow mums,

I am looking to move into north-west area and getting my son into St John's school, Northwood or Northwood prep at either 3+ or 4+. I wanted to get any advice or experiences from mums who either have their son(s) in these schools or have considered these schools in past.

I need to know the following specifically:

1) Is the assessment process at 3+ difficult or fairly simple? What exactly they ask or observe at 3+?
I know there is a lot of competition for places at these schools, but slightly lost as to how can I really prepare my son for an assessment at 3+ (other than just encouraging him to learn things appropriate for his age and become confident)

2) Is a place in Merchant Taylor's guaranteed after attending this school either at 11+ or 13+?

3) Any other feedback regarding this school and any alternative schools which feed into MTS?

Any advice/ feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Arghhelp Fri 11-Dec-15 21:55:38

I too am looking for some info on these schools on behalf of a friend who is not living here at the moment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now